Friday, August 19, 2011

A Few Things This Writer is Grateful For

Okay, maybe it's a little corny to do the gratitude stuff, but last night I just had this wave of it wash over me, and I felt so damn lucky. Or, all the yoga I've been doing is finally starting to have an effect.

1. I'm Free
I get to spend my days doing exactly what I want: Writing. Reading. Thinking about writing and reading. Teaching what I'm reading. Talking to other writers about what I'm writing and reading. Reading to other writers what I'm writing. Listening to other writers read what they're writing.

2. I'm awed by the writers I've met.
Incredible talent within my two writers groups. So many distinctive voices, ways of looking at the world and figuring out what's important to say. The most beautiful ways to say it. How to best arrange all those wonderful insights. Every one a role model.

3. The generosity of my mentors and beta readers and critiquers.
Thank you thank you Kathryn, Michelle, Donna, Linda, Joyce, Marjetta, Becca, Tera, Sylvia, Sandra, Barbara, Sue, Amy, Lexi and, and, and....so many others.

4. Don't even get me started on the bloggers, my daily dose of info and inspiration.
If all goes well, I hope I'll have the chance to pay just a tenth of it back or forward.

Om, and out.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this 100%. How many people can say they do something that they love? Not many, I imagine. Too, I am grateful for the people I have met on this path. If I ever needed courage and inspiration to continue, all I have to do is look around me. :) Amazing people, writers! :)

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete