Right, we know these facts are not random, right? If I were really picking random facts about myself I'd be telling you I spend inordinate hours worrying about my dog's bowel movements (hey, she's really old, okay?).
Blogger campaign buddy Jessica has started a fun get-to-know-each-other game, which I found out about from Joanna (don't ya just think the universe is one big divine web of connectedness? Don't ya?). Rules: Post 10 facts about yourself, link back to Jessica's blog, and leave a link to your own blog in the comments section of this post.
So here goes:
2. Brittle cynical exterior masks mushy heart (see #1. My goal is to reverse this equation before I die -- downy exterior/rock-solid sense of self).
3. I quit high school a month before graduation and went surfing in Puerto Rico, where I lived on peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and coconut milk (kindly supplied by a nice beach-bum with a coconut pick. You have to have a coconut pick if you want coconut milk, which may be another way of saying: Always arm yourself with the right tools, or find somebody who has them).
4. My mom took me to see lots of movies like Night and Fog and Woman in the Dunes when I was 8 or 9, which pretty much explains everything.
5. If I won the lottery I would open a progressive elementary school.
be a better person: wiser, stronger, braver, truer.
7. I'm living the life I want.
8. Will always choose savory over sweet. (applies across the board)
9. Jumping out of an airplane was one of my peak experiences. I will NEVER do it again.
10. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.